Register One Person Company
with TAXFIN LEGAL.
We provide India’s best online taxation, financial and legal services
How does it work?
One Person Company (OPC) registration in India requires the appointment of a single person as a shareholder and director of the company. The process involves obtaining a digital signature certificate, director identification number, and filing of incorporation documents with the Registrar of Companies. After the registration is completed, the company can commence its operations as a separate legal entity, with limited liability for the sole member.
If you are a single entrepreneur looking to start a business in India, registering your business as a One Person Company (OPC) can be a suitable option. OPC is a type of company that allows only one person to be the shareholder and director of the company. It combines the benefits of a sole proprietorship and a company, providing limited liability protection to the owner while allowing them to manage the business efficiently.
Benefits of One Person Company (OPC)
- Separate legal entity
- Limited liability protection
- Easy to manage
- Less compliance requirements
- Better access to credit and funding
- Attracts more customers and suppliers
Requirements for One Person Company (OPC) registration
- The owner must be a natural person and a resident of India
- Only one person can be the shareholder and director of the company
- The company must have a unique name that is not similar to any existing company or trademark
- The authorized capital of the company must be less than or equal to Rs. 50 lakhs
- The company must have a registered office address in India
Documents required for One Person Company (OPC) registration
- PAN card and Aadhaar card of the owner
- Address proof of the owner
- Proof of registered office address
- NOC from the owner (if the office is rented)
- Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA) of the company
- Director identification number (DIN) and digital signature certificate (DSC) of the owner
Procedure for One Person Company (OPC) registration
- Obtain a digital signature certificate (DSC) for the owner
- Apply for the Director Identification Number (DIN) of the owner
- Reserve a unique name for the company using the RUN (Reserve Unique Name) form
- Draft and file the Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA) of the company using the SPICe+ form
- Pay the required registration fees and obtain the certificate of incorporation from the Registrar of Companies (ROC)
In conclusion, registering your business as a One Person Company (OPC) can be a convenient and suitable option for a single entrepreneur in India. With the help of online registration services, the process of registering an OPC has become simpler and faster. Contact us at TAXFIN Legal for professional assistance and guidance on OPC registration.
FAQs on One Person Company (OPC) registration
Q. Can a foreign national register a One Person Company in India?
A. No, only a natural person who is a resident of India can register a One Person Company.
Q. What is the minimum authorized capital required for One Person Company registration?
A. The minimum authorized capital for One Person Company registration is Rs. 1 lakh.
Q. Can an OPC be converted into a private limited company?
A. Yes, an OPC can be converted into a private limited company if it meets the eligibility criteria.
Ready to register your One Person Company?
One Person Company registration. Enjoy hassle-free processing as TAXFIN LEGAL lays the groundwork for your business.
Our Happy Clients!
Explore our other services
Income Tax Return
Worried about the complexities of Filing Tax? Just share your details and our tax experts will do it for you!
GST advisory services focus on the overall tax performance of a business. With strategic approach.
Simplifying your business requirements isn’t just our job, but our ethos. A well-maintained accounting system.